• Astory of Augustine’s personal life, struggles/challenges, etc.
How is it different than Plato’s Republic and Five Dialogues?
• Deals withAugustine’s inner life RATHER THAN vague questions like “how to
be virtuous” or “what is happiness”
Book 1: Humans in Religions
Religion = Re-legere = re-unity; fill the gap
• All humans strive for a specific result (ex. WE x)
• Religion teaches us to reach our desires/goals by connecting with God
o People struggle only because they are trying to get to the ultimate end
God,Ala, Nirvana, etc.
• SIN blocks people from reaching God
Sin vs. Saintliness
InAugustine’s time, people were baptized before death so tha