Sociology
Course
SOCY 1097
Professor
Elaine Tarutis
Semester
Spring

Description
Journal 2 – Plan your Funeral I do not want the ordinary somber and melancholy funeral!At my funeral, I want people to celebrate my life as well as the fact that they still have their lives. First off, my body shall be cremated. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I do not like claustrophobic spaces and one of my greatest fears is to be buried alive so I do not think I want my body in the ground. A nice regular cremation ceremony will be just fine for me. As for my ashes, I want two things done with my ashes. Firstly, I want a portion of my ashes to go to LifeGem. We did this with my grandmother and I thought it was creative. LifeGem is a company which takes cremation ashes and heats them so intensely that parts of the ashes turn into diamonds, which then the family gets to keep. My diamond, hopefully turquoise blue like my grandmother’s was, will then be put on a ring of some sort and be given to my next of kin. The remaining portion of my ashes I want scattered over the Atlantic Ocean. Because of this fact, my funeral will take place either in a boat on the ocean or on a cliff overlooking the ocean (whatever is cheapest—I do not want my funeral being a formal and expensive affair). Anybody who knew me and wants to celebrate my life and theirs is welcome to come to my funeral. I want a proper Irish funeral! This means that at my funeral there will be plenty of drinking and cheeriness. Every time someone says my name everyone has to take a drink. They will rejoice in my life and not mourn my loss. I want the following Irish blessing spoken at my funeral; May the joys of today Be those of tomorrow. The goblets of life Hold no dregs of sorrow. As for the music at my funeral, the only song I request be played at my funeral is “Come SailAway” by Styx because I like the messag
More Less

Related notes for SOCY 1097

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit