April 24, 2014
Final Discussion Part 1
Creation and Evolution
What is the relationship between divine action and creaturely action in
• Divine and creaturely agency are two levels of agency. God gives being to
created beings but they are part of their own coming to be
• The primary cause is continuously causal
• Evolutionary change results from their coming to be, not the nature of
How is it the asymptotic goal of creation?
How is Jesus unique?
Would God have become human had humans not sinned?
Council of Chalcedon
• All of material reality shows a history of growing organization as
emergent complexity of life out of matter and consciousness out of life
• The goal is communication with the divine; consciousness of creation and
union with the cr