Theology
Course
THEO 1088
Professor
Walton
Semester
Spring

Description
Wednesday, February 8, 2017 Lecture 9 The Historical Jesus personal views from reading that were interesting: historical jesus vs eternal jesus quest for historically verifiable truth personal favs of historical views of jesus: empowering women: really nice idea (female god), but i dont know it is it practical is supported directly by the text only get that by going beyond directly what the text says richard hearsely: jesus as a typical israelite prophet similar to jesus as the prophet of social change i think this is the most likely one in line w hebrew bible, other historical record baptized by john (who modeled himself on prophets like elijah) performs prophetic acts king of jews hermann remarus jesus = a man to become the king of jews ON EARTH paulus: naturalistic rationalist scientific explanations for all the miracles, nature acts psychology, science jesus the man of spirit doesnt claim to be the messiah, others just assign that role to him 1
More Less

Related notes for THEO 1088

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit