Theology
Course
THEO 1088
Professor
Walton
Semester
Spring

Description
Monday, February 27, 2017 Finishing Gospel of John + Rewriting Parables MIDTERM ON FRIDAY STUDY GUIDE ONLINE John Lecture 16 starting w exodus: 3:13:14 the burning bush god reveals himself to Moses I am who I am slaves in egypt, moses is in the desert, god reveals himself to moses and then he will help bring them out of egypt all the people knew was that god was the god of their ancestors, but they didnt know his name revelation of gods name in a more specific and more personal way coming out of egypt = creating the nation and the covenant gods name: Yahweh (which translated to I am) why is this passage significant to the gospel of John? implications for understanding who Jesus is in the gospel of John Jesus uses I am statements (7 of them) corresponds to page 6 of the online lecture notes I am reveals who god is, who jesus is, what he is about to do statements appear throughout the book statements are linked with miracles that Jesus has performed SHOW AND TELL 1
More Less

Related notes for THEO 1088

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit