UNAS1104 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Funeral March, Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Anagram

22 views3 pages

Document Summary

Difficult telling between the wild bunch and the bounty hunters: thin line between the good guys and bad guys. There is a(cid:374) odd (cid:448)ariatio(cid:374) o(cid:374) aristotle"s frie(cid:374)dship. Initial scene was confusing because of the clothing: climactic fight between the two of them, even in the beginning when there is eye-contact. Wo(cid:373)e(cid:374) are(cid:374)"t really the (cid:271)earers of (cid:272)ulture i(cid:374) this as (cid:373)u(cid:272)h as the searchers: odd juxtaposition between faith. Pike: somewhat of a hero because he has a code that he lives by, not really honor among the mexicans. Funeral march: starts with a snare drum, precipice of world war i. End of the west which represents the death of a time period. Comradery combats the savageness: violence of the west has become the violence of human existence and there is no such thing as innocence. The wasteland (cont. : i-iota (jesus, x-chi (christ, o-theta (cid:894)god"s(cid:895, y-upsilon (son, e-sigma (savior)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers