ENGLISH 119 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Capital Accumulation, Narrative Structure, Cross-Dressing

33 views4 pages
School
Department

Document Summary

Roxana, part iii: reminders, final essay prompts are on bcourses a. i) professor and reader are available to speak at office hours about paper (a. i. 1) (a. i. 2) Alessandra free speech caf , wed. 1-3 pm or t/th before and after class (a. i. 2. a) Readers as writers of moll"s plot: commodity logic and the commodity form, for locke object that"s made somewhere and sells somewhere else a. i) loaf of bread (a. i. 1) (a. i. 2) Empiricist would see just the loaf of bread itself. He talks of the history to make this loaf even the oxen who pull wheat. Becomes noisier and more complicated with history a. ii) a. iii) looking at any object, there is a spider web of connections (a. iii. 1) (a. iii. 2) Layers behind seemingly simple presentation of object (a. iii. 2. a) There is no inherent connection between object and how much it costs b. ii) Exchange value universal equivalent money (b. ii. 1) where does money get its value? (b. ii. 1. a) It is relatively abstract because no longer backed with gold (b. ii. 2)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers