SOCIOL 182 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: National Honor Society, Liberty Tax Service

58 views1 pages
20 Mar 2018
School
Department
Professor

Document Summary

From all these accomplishments, the one i feel more proud and happy to share is the one where i have completed more than 100 hours of community service. I personally, love helping others because volunteering not only helps and benefits one"s community but, in a way, it benefits the volunteers themselves. For instance, i believe that volunteering makes a person feel worthy, as if they"ve accomplished something because they made someone else"s life better or they made a change in their community somehow. Volunteering also shows that person is generous, compassionate, and good- hearted, because he/she is kind enough to give up a few hours of their time and put it into their community. It also serves others without expecting to get anything out of their service. I believe that everyone should give back to their community because volunteering will make your community a more comforting and pleasing place to live in.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers