BIOL 118 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Microtubule Organizing Center, G2 Phase, Microtubule

41 views4 pages

Document Summary

Photosystem ii and the cytosome complex are in the thylakoid membranes. Plastoquinone (pq) -- figure 10. 13: shuttles electrons from pheophytin across the thylakoid membrane to the cytochrome complex, pq also carries protons across the thylakoid membrane, creating a proton-motive force. Chloroplasts have atp synthase: uses the proton-motive force to phosphorylate adp, photophosphorylation = capture of light energy by photosystem ii to produce atp. Where does photosystem ii get the electron it lost?? (figure 10. 15: by oxidizing water to obtain the electrons, produces o2. Photosystem i (figure 10. 14: reduces nadp+ to nadph, excited electrons from the reaction center of photosystem i, are passed down an electron transport chain to ferredoxin, then nadp+ reductase. Transfers a proton and two electrons from ferredoxin to nadp+ Light energy to chemical energy: photosystem i produced nadph, photosystem ii produces a proton-motive force to make atp. Where does photosystem i get the electrons it lost: from photosystem ii, plastocyanin (pc)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers