PSYC 362 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Social Anxiety Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Clothing

23 views2 pages

Document Summary

Anxiety may involve reduced levels of benzodiazepine receptors and lowered sensitivity to sensitivity to an unknown endogenous benzodiazepine agonist. Cck-4 is a peptide that induces panic attack in pd patients. Panic disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and social anxiety disorder. Social anxiety disorder a disorder characterized by excessive fear of being exposed to the scrutiny of other people that leads to avoidance. Symptoms of ocd are similar across differing cultures: cleanliness for example. People with ocd are unlikely to get married. The four categories of compulsions include: counting (am i missing a dollar? , cleaning (hands, house; washing, drying, and folding clothes, checking ( did i turn the stove off? , avoidance (i. e. , dirt) Compulsions may represent exaggerations and pathological examples of normal species-typical behaviors aimed at keeping an animal clean and away from danger. Ocd is linked with a particular neurological syndrome.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers