CAS CS 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Pmos Logic, Or Gate, And Gate

29 views4 pages

Document Summary

9/20/16: electricity and switches, modern computers use electricity to carry out assigned tasks a. i. Main memory and cpu use electrical signals a. iv. Bit currents are just measures of electricity running through mediums: electricity b. i. Flow of electrons, negatively charged through a medium (copper, gold, silver wires) b. i. 1. Can be quantified in amps or volts c. Serves an intermediary to connect or disconnect two wires c. ii. 1. Regulates flow between them: transistors, semiconductors are metals that can be used as conductors of electricity a. i. Doping: impurities are added to a slab of silicon which allows them to act as electrical switches: two major types b. i. Nmos: a transistor that is negatively doped b. ii. 1. When current, switch is closed: circuit: group of transistors put together to control electricity and produce a particular behavior, gates, gate: a simple circuit that controls the flow of electricity, types of gates b. i. Output of the signal is always opposite of the input signal b. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers