GRS IR 701 Lecture 7: Lecture 7 es 105

32 views2 pages

Document Summary

The port town of st. piere, on the caribbean island of martinique, was destroyed by a nuee ardente (true) Ocean crust melts during subduction forming andesite magma, the dominant volcanic rock of island arcs (true) Andesitic and rhyolitic eruption tend to be explosive because of their high content and high viscosity (true) Volcanic activity of the cascade mountain range of the pnw results from continental collision (false) Fro(cid:373) high to lo(cid:449) te(cid:373)perature, the (cid:373)i(cid:374)erals i(cid:374) bo(cid:449)e(cid:374)(cid:859)s ea(cid:272)tio(cid:374) series are: oli(cid:448)i(cid:374)e, pyroxene, amphibole, biotite. Rhyolite is the least fluid (most viscous) form of lava because of its low temperature and high silica concentration. Mount st. helens is an example of a composite (strato) volcano. Subduction zones have the most earthquakes, deepest earthquakes, have the most violent volcanoes, and descend to core mantle boundary. The common igneous rock of ocean crust is basalt. The blocky type of basalt lava is termed aa. A ropey type of basalt lava is termed pahoehoe.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers