INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING UP TRUTH TABLES
These instructions are mandatory.
Assignments will not be marked or credited unless they are followed exactly.
Pertinent exam questions will receive a grade of 0 if they are not followed.
1. List the atomic components in alphabetical order from left to right. Only list those atomic components
that appear in the exercise you are doing.
2. The truth table must have 2 (horizontal) rows below the list of atomic components, where n is the
number of atomic components
3. In the (vertical) column under the rightmost atomic component (last on the list of atomic components)
alternate T – F – T – F – T … for as many rows as there are.
4. In the next column to the left, if there is one, alternate two T’s with two F’s for as many rows as there
are T – T – F – F – T – T – F …
5. In the next column to the left, if there is one, alternate four T’s with four F’s for as many rows as there
are T – T – T – T – F – F – F – F - T …; then in the next column 8x8, then in the next 16x16, and so
on, always doubling w