50 questions, bring scantron
o Chapters 1, 2, 5, 9-12, 15, 16
• General Study Suggestions (Midterm next Wednesday)
o Read the chapter, then take the quiz
o Test yourself with the end-of-section questions
Use the Study Guide as an outline and take notes while skimming each
o Review the highlights & callouts in the book
Definitions and acronyms
o Compare notes with a classmate
o Review your quizzes and understand the answer
o Review the chapters in reverse order from when they were assigned (i.e.
read the most recent chapters first)
• Midterm Alert:
o Learning Objective 15-4
• Describe the flow of information and merchandise in the marketing
• Learn acronyms and definitions
• Midterm Study Guide
o On polylearn
Product, Branding, and Packaging Decisions
• Function, Composition, Constraints, Packaging, Payment, Warranty, Support,
o Product Function
• What can it do?
• Features and capabilities
• Required for project - basically already did this
o Product Composition
• What is included and how is it constructed?
• How the service is performed?
o Product Constraints
o Product Packaging • Primary (product itself)
Secondary (shipping & storage)
• Required for project - discuss why you made decisions
o Product Payment Method(s)
• Cash, credit, layaway, installments, trade, etc.
o Product Warranty
• A written promise of what (if anything) will be warranted and under
• Service level agreements & guarantees
• Can strengthen the marketing mix as a differentiator and builds