Cellular Anatomy - Reference Guides

2 Pages

Department
ANAT - Anatomy
Course Code
ANAT 14
Professor
All

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
p e rm ac h a rts MT Cellular Anatomy Cellular Anatomy 2nd EDITION Generalized Animal Cell & Organelles Detail 1: Plasma membrane (lipid bilayer) • Controls exchange of materials between Glycoprotein Detail 2: Cytoskeleton inside and outside of cell • Regulates Integral membrane protein • Provides structural organization to the cell cell’s chemical composition Glycolipid • Supports organelles and allows their movement Microtubule Surface membrane protein Hydrophilic Polysome rgion M icrotrabecular Hydrophobic strand Phospholipid region Peripheral protein regionhilic Microfilament Cholesterol Transmembrane Mitochondrion channel protein Plasma membrane Nucleus Lysosome Golgi saccule • Contains hydrolytic enzymes that the cell uses to digest • Contains chromosomal DNA Plasma macromolecules, bacteria, viruses, and disabled organelles packaged into chromatin fibers membrane • Controls cellular activitydity Microtubules •Serve as “tracks” on which vesicles and other organelles move around within the Nuclear envelope cell • Shape and support the cell itself • Double phospholipid bilayer m embrane that segregates contents Centrosome of nucleus fromcytoplasm •Microtubule organizing center Nuclear pore Centrioles • Special permeable sites in •Organelles containing nine triplet nuclear envelope that allow bundles of microtubules specific macromolecules to pass • Important role in cell division between nucleus and cytoplasm Cytosol • Each pore is bounded by eight protein particles • Gel-like intracellular fluid where many of cell’s chemical reactions occur Peroxisome Golgi apparatus • Arises in the cytosol • Modifies, distributes, and fromlipids and proteins packages secretory • Contains enzymes products that create hydrogen • Distributes and peroxide that is used for recycles cellular fat breakdown, membrane detoxification, and other metabolic processes Secretory granule Nucleolus Maturing face of • Site where Golgi apparatus ribosomal RNA is assembled, processed, Forming face of and packaged with Golgi apparatus proteins into ribosomal subunits Transfer vesicle Mitochondrion Free ribosomes • Scattered throughout • Power plant of the cell cytosol • Composed • Provides energy in the of two subunits formof ATP through • Synthesize proteins oxidative phosphorylation that function within Matrix space cytosol Outer & inner Bound ribosome membrane of • Attached to the RER mitochondrion membrane • Composed of two Cristae subunits • Synthesize proteins in the cytoplasm destined for secretion Cilia Rough endoplasmic • Microtubular structure reticulum (RER) which grows fromthe basal • Segregation, modification, body • Used for locomotion and transport of proteins and • Enzymatic activity of dynein lysosomal enzymes (protein) releases the energy • Membrane studded with fromATP required for motility ribosomes • Flagella have same ultrastructure as cilia, but Smooth endoplasmic reticulum (SER) Basal body of cilium Cross section of cilium, they are longer, there is • Area of lipid synthesis and carbohydrate • Identical in structure showing 9 + 2 arrangement usually only one per cell, metabolism• Role in detoxification of drugs to a centriole of microtubules with dynein and they use more of an and other poisons • No ribosomes arms undulating motion w w w.permacharts.com © 1999-2012 Mindsource Technologies Inc. permacharts TM Generalized Plant Cell & Organelles Cell wall Chromoplast • Provides cell with structural support and protection • Plast
More Less
Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document
Subscribers Only

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit