MKT 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Market Intelligence, Marketing Intelligence, Customer Satisfaction
Course CodeMKT 304
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Once a marketer determines their info needed, info can be obtained in 3 ways.
• Internal database
• Market intelligence
• Marker research
Are electric collections of consumers and market information obtained from data sources within
the company network.
-Include information on demographics, sales transactions, website visits.
• Can be accessed more quickly and cheaply than others
• May be incomplete or in the wrong form of marketing decisions
• Internal databases also age quickly
Competitive marketing intelligence: a collection and analysis of publicly available information
about consumers, competitors, and developments in the marketing environment.
-Ex. Annual reports, discussions on blogs.
It’s the easiest form of research you can do.
• The info you want may not be available
• The info may not be perfectly accurate
• Competitors know this information as well
• It may not solve the problem I am researching
• Its available to everyone
The systematic design, collection, analysis, and reporting of relevant data for specific situations.
Gives insight into:
• Customer motivations
• Customer purchase behavior
• Customer satisfaction
How is market intelligence from market research?
Market intelligence is typically more general and already available.
Market research focuses on specific needs relative to your company and you typically have to
collect this data yourself.
• Time consuming
Primary and Secondary data
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version