PSY 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 19: Trait Theory, Type A And Type B Personality Theory, Sympathetic Nervous System

47 views3 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Transitory- in other words; it comes and goes. Sadness is an emotion but depression is not because it is a longer state. Has valence- good or bad, you cannot have a neutral emotion. Needs cognitive appraisal- we think about the emotion and label it. Alters thoughts- changes the way we think about the world around us. Creates an action tendency- motivates us to do something (good or bad) They happen to you- feels as if it just happens you don"t constantly choose a particular emotion. When you experience an emotion, then you can think about it and identify strategies to help alter the emotion. The james-lange theory: proposes that the pattern of arousal that we experience is different for each emotion. One must monitor the experience that i am having and it will tell me what emotion i am having. Schachter-singer theory: all emotions trigger a response but that response is just general.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers