SPAN-2010 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Preterite, Independent Clause, Family Tree Of Muhammad

58 views6 pages

Document Summary

Use the imperfect subjunctive when the verb independent clause is in the imperfect or the preterit or refers to a previous experience. The imperfect subjunctive uses the 3rd person plural of the preterit (without the. Hicieron hicie- sentir sintieron sintie- ir fueron leer leyeron fue- leye- ser fueron fue- traducir tradujeron traduje- tener tuvieron tuvie- traer trajeron traje- Uses: the independent clause is in the past. If the independent clause is in the preterite or the imperfect, then the subjunctive verb that follows will also be imperfect. Quer a que vinieras/vinieses a mi fiesta. (i wanted you to come to my party. ) Ten a miedo de que no lloviera/lloviese. (i was scared it wouldn t rain. : the independent clause refers to a previous occurrence. This is used to express current emotions, doubts, etc. about something that happened in the past. Es bueno que ( l) se casara/casase. (it s good that he got married. )

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers