Biomedical Science
Course
BMS 420
Professor
Charles Miller
Semester
Fall

Description
26 September Learn slide with cardiac cycle (phases, pressures, volume, &c.) Phase I – end of diastole, atrial contraction Between – AV valves close Phase II – ventricular contraction, valves closed, pressure ↑ (isovolumetric contraction) Between – pressure overcomes afterload, aortic/pulmonary valves open Phase III – ejection phase, volume decreases quickly Phase IV – ventricles relax Phase V – aortic valve closes (pressure in aorta greater than in left ventricle) Phase VI – AV valves open, rapid filling Phase VII – diastasis, reduced filling The Phases Rapid filling (beginning of phase I) Diastasis (middle of phase II) Atrial contraction (end of phase I) Isovolumetric contraction phase (phase 2) Ejection or outflow (phase 3) – rapid and decreasing ejection Isovolumetric relaxation (phase 4) – dicrotic notch or incisura: marks the point on aortic BP curve where BP slightly increases Events of Cardiac Cycle Aortic blood flow Jugular venous pulse ECG
More Less

Related notes for BMS 420

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit