PHIL 100 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Sensory Deprivation, Tabula Rasa, Empirical Evidence

20 views2 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

God"s existence: something cannot come from nothing, there must be as much reality in the cause as in the effect. I have an idea of god (as a perfect being) I"ve never experienced perfection the physical world is imperfect and so cannot cause my idea of perfection: given 1-4, only perfection itself could have caused my idea of perfection. In order to cause my idea, perfection must exist: thus, god (a perfect being) must exist. One or more of our senses do not function properly. A blind person would have no knowledge of colors. In either one of these scenarios, one is missing a kind of knowledge that can only be gained through sense experience. 1632-1704: lived during and influenced the rise of the enlightenment. Empiricist account is concerned with two main issues. Account of knowledge as simple and complex ideas. Representation of reality as primary qualities and secondary qualities. Idea any object of perception, thought, or understanding.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers