Class Notes (979,921)
US (385,560)
CSU (41)
POLS (34)
POLS 1101 (34)
Lecture 13

POLS 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Debit Card, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

3 Pages
Spring 2015

Department
Political Science
Course Code
POLS 1101
Professor
Kyle Christensen
Lecture

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
American Government
Chapter 13: Part 2
Domestic Policy
Social Security Act of 1935
Two classes of Programming
Contributory
Social security (welfare)
Medicare
Unemployment Insurance
Non-Contributory Programs
Means tested (if you’re even slightly then they won’t help you)
Food Stamps
Housing Assistance
Temporary Assistance to Needy Families
State Children’s Health Insurance Program
Who Benefits?
The Elderly
The Middle Class
Losers
Children

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
American Government Chapter 13: Part 2  Domestic Policy  Social SecurityAct of 1935  Two classes of Programming  Contributory • Social security (welfare) • Medicare • Unemployment Insurance  Non-Contributory Programs • Means tested (if you’re even slightly then they won’t help you) ♦ Food Stamps ♦ HousingAssistance ♦ TemporaryAssistance to Needy Families ♦ State Children’s Health Insurance Program  Who Benefits? • The Elderly • The Middle Class  Losers • Children • The uneducated and the poor • Minorities • Women – Christensen said the “Books Before Boys, Because Boys Bring Babies” thing again  Social Welfare Program  (CH.13 – Part 2) CENTRAL POINTS FROM TEXTBOOK  Contracting Power – the power of government to set conditions on companies seeking to sell goods or services to government agencies  ContributoryAgencies – social programs financed in whole or in part by taxation or other mandatory contributions by their present or future recipients  Cost-of-LivingAdjustments – changes made to the level of benefits of a government program based on the rate of inflation  Fiscal Policy – the government’s use of taxing, monetary, and spending powers to manipulate the economy  Indexing – periodic process of adjusting of social benefits or wages to account for increases in the cost-of-living  In-kind Benefits – cash goods and services provided to ne
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

You've reached the limit of 4 previews this month

Create an account for unlimited previews.

Already have an account?

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit