DEA 1500 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Mnemonic, Diminutive, Manifest And Latent Functions And Dysfunctions

104 views2 pages

Document Summary

Review: environmental stimulation, quantity and quality of environment can affect physical development, critical/sensitive period: environmental influence is time sensitive based on age i. Diff organisms have diff critical periods: environmental stimulation not influenced by perspective or what you think of your environment, plasticity, malleability ii. Your brain is plastic with respect to environmental influences until a certain age for different aspects: example; hypothetical iq of first grade children as function of early lead exposure i. ii. Is their iq influenced by lead exposure (either in utero or 3-5 years of age?) Fill in the blanks to show evidence for environmental determinism and a critical period. 100: human reactions to environment are influenced by meaning and symbolism of the object or setting, user-designer gap incongruence. Beginning of new material for the day: origins. Man has no nature, what he has is history --ortega gasset (philosopher) a: we aren"t just the product of our biology, human evolution i. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers