LING 1101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 27: Natural-Language Processing, Phonological Rule, Information Structure

34 views3 pages

Document Summary

Sociolinguistics (lf ch10), psycholinguistics (lf ch9) (not on prelim) Competence - has to do with abstract properties. Parole - words, things that come out of your mouth. Information structure (relevant for phonology & syntactic structure) Speech errors - evidence on how much preplanning (lookahead) speakers use when they speak. You have tasted the whole worm you have wasted the whole term. Two loudest words (most prominent intonation) are tasted and worm. Fighting a liar in the quadrangle lighting a fire in the quadrangle. You have hissed all my mystery lectures you have missed all my history lectures. Transposition implicates linguistic structure big and fat pig and vat (reverses value of voicing feature) cedars of lebanon cedars of lemadon (nasality reversal) I really must go i must really go (word reversal) (phrases) A hummingbird was attracted by the red color of the feeder the red color was attracted by the hummingbird of the feeder (np reversal)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers