PSYCH 2650 Lecture Notes - Lecture 13: Clinical Psychology, Acute Stress Reaction, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder

31 views2 pages

Document Summary

Although common, crime victimization in the usa has declined over time! Domestic violence! huge economic costs associated with property and violent crime victimization! crime can also have strong psychological consequences! immediate stress reaction (acute stress disorder)! Us (1979): dr. and mrs. married for 3 and a half years; during the marriage mrs. experienced repeated episodes of physical abuse. On the morning of the killing, dr. started beating his wife, although she was pregnant, threatening her . Mrs. picked up the gun and shot her husband. the secretary heard dr. say don"t shoot me anymore and mrs. say i"m not going to leave you, i mean it. she pled self defense at her trial! Outcome: convicted of second-degree murder (1-5 years)! challenged her conviction because of the trial judge"s decision refusing to permit clinical psychologist lenore walker to testify about battered woman syndrome! ~~~ check the rest with slides on bb!

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers