PHIL 1200 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Masturbation, Trauma Trigger

61 views2 pages
20 Mar 2017
Department
Course

Document Summary

A trigger warning is a warning that some material may be founding offensive or disturbing to. If you were to take a holocaust survivor to a violent holocaust movie, it may bring up some trauma from their past. A trigger warning would be to politely ask the holocaust survivor instead of not telling them which movie you were planning on seeing. It would be really messed up if they thought you (cid:449)ere goi(cid:374)g to see up (cid:271)ut the(cid:374) (cid:449)at(cid:272)hed s(cid:272)hi(cid:374)dler"s list. Trigger (cid:449)ar(cid:374)i(cid:374)gs are desig(cid:374)ed to preser(cid:448)e a(cid:374) i(cid:374)di(cid:448)idual"s right of (cid:272)hoi(cid:272)e (espe(cid:272)ially those i(cid:374) oppressed groups), alert people of possibly offensive content, minimize damage to viewers who do not want to view your content, and prevent law suits. Furthermore, trigger warnings are a sign of respect and trust from the producers of the content. Triumph the insult comic dog bashes trigger warnings in his video at new hampshire.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers