PSYC 3303 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Distressing, Plastic Surgery, Trichotillomania

44 views5 pages
6 Mar 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Genetic risk (diathesis) is amplified when it co-occurs with environmental risk factors. Not well understood (compared to other disorders) Executive function circuit and emotion-reward circuit both involved. Dysregulation of coordinated interaction between these circuits rather than specific dysfunction in one circuit or the other. Try to control the threat by intense cognitive processing. Maladaptive black and white assumptions about one"s ability to deal with anxiety. If things are not as i wish them to be it will be awful and catastrophic. If this event occurs, i can"t possibly deal with the outcome. Any risk is unacceptable and must be controlled. There must be a correct solution if i could only find it. Intense cognitive processing may avoid sensations of anxiety. Clicker question: declining an invitation for the elimination of anxiety is a form of . Marked fear or anxiety about social situations that may expose the individual to scrutiny by others.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers