ETST 3794 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Chief Illiniwek, Turnitin, Demography Of The United States

57 views4 pages

Document Summary

Website review #1: please use pdf or word document so that turnitin can read it, due 02/11/2018 @ 11:59pm. The brief wondrous life of oscar wao : read for class next week. To be completely honest, i totally forgot about this until i was walking to class just now. I think both sides have good arguments and that there is compromise available, but i don"t know what that is. There is a fine line between honor and disrespect. Basing a mascot on a specific tribe or person is more likely to offend: using traditional dances, chants, and clothes is not okay, caricatures are one thing they"re meant to be outrageous and loveable. We choose mascots based on things we find powerful and awe-inspiring: the fans and executives honestly don"t think they"re doing anything wrong. Freeburg midgets thousands petitioned to remove it but the board kept it. Chief illiniwek wears real buckskins and traditional headdress not okay.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers