BIO 191 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Photosystem I, 3-Phosphoglyceric Acid, Photosystem Ii

110 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture notes: plants absorb red and blue light, transmit and re ect green light, leaves contain multiple pigments; chlorophyll a and b; carotenoids, plants do more photosynthesis with red and blue light than green. Chloroplasts have grana, stacks of thylakoids, encase the thylakoid space, and stroma. Photosystem i: photosystem ii absorbs a photon, produces o2, then passes energy to pq-- > cytochrome complex ---> pc: photosystem i absorbs another photon, passes energy to ferredoxin, which is used by nadp+ to produce nadph, only protons enter the thylakoid; all other reagents stay on the stroma side. Lecture notes: calvin cycle: atp + nadph + co2 ---> adp + pi + nadp+ + [ch2o, starts with a 5-carbon ribulose biphosphate, rubisco xes co2, produces 6-carbon molecule, splits into two molecules of 3- phosphoglycerate (3pg). This happens 3x per turn of cycle: each 3pg undergoes two catalytic steps and produces, atp---> adp + pi, nadph---> nadp+

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers