HSAD 309 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Lumbar Puncture, Syphilis, Penicillin

37 views2 pages

Document Summary

What can we learn about the ethics of doing research with human beings from the tuskegee. Ps: you might be interested in knowing that dr. cutler, who was interviewed regarding the. Tuskegee study, was the principal investigator for the guatemala syphilis studies, also sponsored by the u. s. public health service. See the report on it from the presidential. Commission for the study of bioethical issues at http://bioethics. gov/sites/default/files/study%20guide. pdf. I first learned about the tuskegee study in my first sociology class a couple years ago and found it one of the most interesting and important topics that we covered. Since then i ha(cid:448)e do(cid:374)e a lot of (cid:396)eadi(cid:374)g outside of (cid:272)lass o(cid:374) the topi(cid:272). I thi(cid:374)k it(cid:859)s a sto(cid:396)(cid:455) that (cid:272)a(cid:374) (cid:373)ake a la(cid:396)ge impact on someone and seriously make them question what they know and believe. While those are some of the most essential stories to human advancement, i still wish it had never happened.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers