ACC 331 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Financial Accounting

43 views3 pages

Document Summary

My answer:the primary focus of nancial accounting is to provide external users a nancial report of a corporation, home, or other type of business. Financial reports are used by external companies such as creditors, investors, or government agencies to measure the stability and potential for growth of a business. Better answer: financial accounting is concerned with providing relevant. My answer: the primary objective of nancial accounting is to provide external users with a scal report of the companies assets, liabilities, and shareholder"s equity. Better answer: the objective of nancial reporting is to provide useful. The primary decision-speci c qualities that make nancial information useful are relevance and faithful representation. To be relevant, information must possess predictive value and/or con rmatory value, and all material information should be included. Completeness, neutrality, and freedom from error enhance faithful representation. My answer: gaap stands for generally accepted accounting principles. It is the method used by businesses in accrual accounting to create nancial reports.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers