FIU
Department
Mathematics - General and Fini
Course
MGF 1107
Professor
MGF 1107
Pre-Class Assignment 4A/4B Week 8
Read through section 4B in your book and answer the following questions.
1) Explain in your own words the difference between simple interest and compound
interest.
Compound interest is when the bank pays you interest of the interest as well as on the
original price, so in other words it is an interest paid both on original investment and on
all interest that has been added to the original investment, while simple interest is the
interest paid only on the original investment and not on any interest added at later
dates.
What are their respective formulas?
For the compound interest, it’s formula is: accumulated balance (A) = starting principal
(P) x 1 + interest rate, (easier A = P X (1+APR) Y )
For the simple interest, it’s formula is: I (interest) = P (principal) R (rate) T (time)
Which would you prefer your bank to offer for your investments and why?
I would of course, prefer the compound interest, because from it everybody can benefit
more, if they leave their moneys inside for a long time and we all know that more moneys from
interest definitely would make us happier inside and even though we would accumulate more
fees, I still think that this is the way to go. It would also benefit the bank, as more people would
shift from the ones with the simple interest to these ones.
Unlock document

This preview shows half of the first page of the document.
Unlock all 2 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Get OneClass Grade+

Unlimited access to all notes and study guides.

YearlyMost Popular
75% OFF
$9.98/m
Monthly
$39.98/m
Single doc
$39.98

or

You will be charged $119.76 upfront and auto renewed at the end of each cycle. You may cancel anytime under Payment Settings. For more information, see our Terms and Privacy.
Payments are encrypted using 256-bit SSL. Powered by Stripe.