ANT-2301 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: Distant Relatives, Natural Selection, Parental Investment

40 views6 pages
2 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Includes: production of sex cells, internal fertilization Time and energy invested in 1 offspring precludes investing time and energy in others. Sexual interest and receptivity to sexual offers should differ between males and females. Males should be aroused by a novel individual more readily. Males are often re-aroused by the sight of a novel female. Since a male"s rs success can increase with increased mating opportunities, should expect males to be eager to mate even after they have just done so. Examined effects of exposure to attractive nude females on sexual attraction judgements. Participants currently in relationship viewed attractive pics of nude people. Males exposed to attractive nude female photos then showed a significant reduction in ratings for their partner. I have been noticing you around campus, i find you very attractive . Would you like to go out tonight? . Would you want to come back to my apartment? . Males yes response increased with each question.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers