AMH-2020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 33: Jack Kerouac, Femininity, Rachel Carson

44 views4 pages
30 Nov 2016
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Preaches things like god will be the one to save the us against nuclear. Suburbia destruction: rise of homes outside of cities, in driving distance to cities, housing shortage in cities. Extenuated by african americans leaving south and going to live in cities: eisenhower and the interstate highway system allowed people to travel into cities, there is also a racial dimension. White middle class is concerned about the growing diversity of cities. White flight: influx of whites moving outside of cities: red-lining literally drawing a line around cities and towns to differentiate where working class/minorities live vs where white middle class lives. Eal estate age(cid:374)ts used this for sho(cid:449)i(cid:374)g houses that (cid:449)ere (cid:862)i(cid:374)te(cid:374)ded(cid:863) for certain buyers. Men working in more white collar jobs to show their role as the breadwinner/highlight economic stability. Consumption: buyi(cid:374)g (cid:272)ertai(cid:374) goods sho(cid:449)ed your fa(cid:373)ily(cid:859)s e(cid:272)o(cid:374)o(cid:373)i(cid:272) sta(cid:271)ility.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers