Psychology
Course
SOP 3004
Professor
Kate Zielaskowski
Semester
Fall

Description
Genes, Culture, and Gender 1. Genes a. 2. Culture a. Evolved cultural animal b. Dunbar study i. Studied brain size in animals compared to their body weight 1. Larger brains corresponded to more social animals 2. Conclusion – larger brains designed to help us relate to each other c. Shared understanding d. Survival – humans relied on other humans for survival e. Progress – culture allows learning to be passed on from one generation to the next f. Peer influence determines about 40-50% of behavior and decisions i. Much more than parenting! g. Cultural psychology i. Branch of social psychology that studies how thoughts, emotions, and behavior differ across cultures ii. Interdependent vs. individualistic cultures iii. Interdependent cultures are less prone to fundamental attribution error 3. Gender differences a. Nature i. Males and females are similar at conception ii. Biological sex determ
More Less

Related notes for SOP 3004

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit