RELI 100 (50)
Lecture 10

RELI 100 Lecture 10: RELI 100 Lecture Notes 10

2 Pages
Unlock Document

Religious Studies
RELI 100
David Dakake

RELI 100 Lecture Notes 10 Judaism • Ishmael and Isaac o Abraham’s sons Kaba • Built by Abraham and Ishmael Esau and Jacob • Isaac’s sons • Jacob has 12 sons o One son is Judah • Brothers sell Joseph as a slave • Joseph can interpret dreams and rises socially in Egypt • Brings brothers to live with him Hebrew • Comes from Apiru • Means nomads o People who lived outside of the settled area ▪ Waunders Israelite • Joseph holds onto a creature and says, “I’ll only let you go if you bless me.” • The creature says ok and gives Joseph a new name o Israel • Israel means one who struggles o Israel may have struggled with an angel or God • Next descendants are Israelites • New pharaoh come to power years later • He fears the number of Israelites • He kills all the Israelite children • Moses’ mother places him down the Nile River to save him • Burning bush vision • Messenger for God o Let the people go • Brings 10 plagues • Paint lambs’ blood on the households o Saves the families from the Angel of Death o Kills the first born of every
More Less

Related notes for RELI 100

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.