BUSA 2106 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Bench Trial, Parol Evidence Rule, Counterclaim

44 views2 pages

Document Summary

Who: appellant richard d. c. schrade, jr. , stockbridge. What: pamela ogletree sued billy cochran and gregory d. reed d/b/a cochran & reed on two purported construction contracts that were never performed to recover ,000 deposited on. Contract i and ,000 deposited on contract ii; the defendants answered and countersued for their losses under contract i. ,300 of the deposited funds of ,000 to the plaintiff. The defendants appealed the judgment contending that plaintiff was not entitled to any refund under contract i, because the money was paid voluntarily and that the defendants had no duty to prove their damages. Ogletree did not agree and affirmed the judgment of the trial court. Implied promise to pay for services or property. The application of all the rules of contract construction and parol evidence would not provide detailed plans, drawings, and specifications necessary to calculate the cost that plaintiff would owe and defendants were obligated to build.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers