ES 375 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Lev Vygotsky, Nonverbal Communication, Cengage Learning

10 views3 pages

Document Summary

In my personal experience, i present myself differently depending on my social situations. I don"t necessarily put up a false persona but will reserve certain personality traits for the appropriate interactions. In my anthropology class we discussed a similar topic. According to the textbook humanity: an introduction to cultural anthropology by. James peoples and garrick bailey "to speak appropriately, people must take the total context into account" (ch 3 pg. Context in this case would be whom we"re talking to, who"s listening, the environment in which the interaction is taking place. In the writing mind in society by l. s. vygotsky, vygotsky discusses intellectual development of a child from a young age. The use of tools and speech together allows a child to be able to communicate effectively. As humans develop, we use speech to understand our environment and organize our thoughts. Everyone has their own unique speaking style in which they may alter in formal or informal situations.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers