Premium

2 Pages

Department
English
Course Code
ENG-W 131
Professor
Jillian Gilmer

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Writing Analytically 26-32 The Method
the ethod is a a to fid iportat details ad organize thoughts
Steps for the method
1. List exact repetitions of words in the text and how many times it pops up, whatever repeats is
what it is about
2. List strands of similar words (polite and courteous)
3. List pairs of binaries and the most important ones by organizing contrasts (open, closed or
global, local)
4. Then choose one of the first three for each and expand upon it for a healthy paragraph and talk
about the significance as a whole
5. Find anomalies, eeptios to the patter or soethig that does’t fit
This method works as analysis of mental doodling
The method is to induce you to pay more attention of the details
Class notes for this
Society constructs disability Wendell
Society constructs gender Wendell
Things to look for:
o Language
o Tone
o Word Choice
o Types of Evidence
o Audience (abled bodied people about disability life and culture.) Thinking people with
disabilities as a burden, as very different from other people, something that the
disability needs to be fixed and rather that the societies view, there is something wrong
ith ou ad that ou’re pitiale. Pit eddig da eaple
Wendell thesis, disability is not solely biomedical but rather, biomedical and socially constructed
I disailit studies the are trig to oe aa fro hadiapped
The change in the wheelchair sign because they can still do things that other people can
Mental retardation moving to intellectual disability
Neurodiversity ==> mental health, learning styles, social styles
Neuro typicality brain typical
Use people with disailities instead of handiapped in paper
Use the method to outline the writing and include tone
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Writing Analytically 2632 The Method the method is a way to find important details and organize thoughts Steps for the method 1. List exact repetitions of words in the text and how many times it pops up, whatever repeats is what it is about 2. List strands of similar words (polite and courteous) 3. List pairs of binaries and the most important ones by organizing contrasts (open, closed or global, local) 4. Then choose one of the first three for each and expand upon it for a healthy paragraph and talk about the significance as a whole 5. Find anomalies, exceptions to the pattern or something that doesnt fit This method works as analysis of mental doodling The method is to induce you to pay more attention of the details Class notes for this Society constructs disability Wendell Society constructs gender Wendell Things to look for: o Language o Tone o Word Choice o Types of Evidence o Audience (abled bodied people about disability life and culture.) Thinking people with disabilities as a burden, as very different from other people, something that the disability needs to be fixed and rather that the societies view, there is something wrong with you and that youre pitiable. Pity (wedding day example) Wendell thesis, disability is not solely biomedical but rather, biomedical and socially constructed In disability studies they are trying to move away from handicapped The change in the wheelchair sign because they can still do things that other people can Mental retardation moving to intellectual disability Neurodiversity ==> mental health, learning styles, social styles Neuro typicality brain typical Use people with disabilities instead of handicapped in paper Use the method to outline the writing and include tone
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit