PSY-P 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 22: Public Space, Concurrent List, Sympathetic Nervous System

30 views3 pages

Document Summary

Triangluar theory of love, fatuous love passion and commitment (ex. Vegas weddings: consummate love passion intimacy and commitment (ex. Newlyweds: colors of love theory (lee) a. i. styles of loving not types of love (ex. Preferences change over time: primary colors b. i. Eros (god of love, son of aphrodite) b. i. 1. Shoots you in the eyes so you fall in love with the next person you see b. ii. Not serious, not monogamous, just a game to them b. iii. Very slow development, w/o a whole lot of passion c. Mania madness of the gods c. i. 1. c. i. 2. c. i. 3. c. ii. Look for people who suit your list c. iii. Loving people without any expectation of reciprocity c. iii. 2. Altruistic: passionate vs. companionate love (berscheid & walster, passionate love (hot) companionate (warm) a. i. Passionate state of intense longing for union with another person a. i. 1. Can be best place and darkest place a. i. 1. b.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers