PSY-P 304 Lecture Notes - Lecture 26: Abusive Power And Control, Murder, Sigmund Freud

45 views2 pages

Document Summary

6 15 aggression: aggression any behavior undertaken with the intention to do harm to another person, one"s self, or any animal, hostile (emotional) aggression a. i. Any aggressive behavior, who"s primary intention is to inflict harm on another person a. i. 1. Any aggressive behavior with the primary goal of obtaining some other objective. b. i. 1. A means to another ends (hunting for food) b. i. 1. a. Is all aggression to some degree instrumental? c. Sometimes it"s difficult to discern between the two: direct vs. Indirect aggression: confrontational or behind someone"s back, active vs. Passive aggression: physical vs. verbal aggression, gender differences, physical aggression - males a. i. Partially caused by social learning, they develop a schema since they can play more aggressively which makes it easier for them to recall that behavior: verbal aggression no difference b. i. But females are more inclined to say things behind someone"s back: origins of aggression a. Instinct theory sigmund freud (id ego & super ego come from plato"s readings) a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers