Variation/Evolution

1 Page
131 Views

Department
Anthropology
Course Code
ANTH222
Professor
Dr.Francis Allard

This preview shows half of the first page. Sign up to view the full page of the document.
Description
Notes: 9/14 Molecular Anthropology COPIED NOTES Variation continues to be generated in our cells. Dominant DNA traits. DNA could be transcript wrong. This could cause mutation which causes variation. Mutation is the main part of variation. Sexual reproduction tends to reshuffle things so the offspring get new traits of each parent. Does not reproduce new genes, just shuffles them. The ultimate source of mutation is variation. Proportion of Different Alleles A pair of homologous chromosomes along the chromosomes are sections of DNA called genes. Only 2% produces proteins. The other 98% was called “junk DNA”. Alleles are different variations of the
More Less
Unlock Document

Only half of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

Log In


OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Sign up

Join to view


OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.


Submit