Sociology SOC-R 320 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Menopause, Dog Collar, Rape Fantasy

27 views4 pages
27 Apr 2016
School
Department

Document Summary

Main biological component of sexual arousal: hormones. 95% androgens created by testes in form of testosterone. If lose testes (balls cut off) = slows you down, reduces sexual activity. Sex offenders castrated (believed sexual offenses due to excess of androgen) Didn"t always stop them from being sexual. Could be self-fulfilling prophecy (i"ve been castrated so i can"t have sex, so i won"t have sex) If really want to stop a man from having sex, you shouldn"t cut his balls off, you should cut his head off. Main thing that determined whether man kept having sex was mindset/attitude toward this. Know estrogen important to maintain sexual equipment (if lose estrogen--menopause--vaginal lining loses elasticity and fails to produce sufficient lubrication, texture of breasts changes) Sex may be uncomfortable, but easily dealt with using hormonal lubricants, estrogen replacement therapy, etc. Sexual arousal comes from adrenal glands (cah women--adrenal glands go crazy and they"re masculinized) Removal of adrenal glands (cancer) can reduce sexual interest.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers