ARTH 206 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Georges De Selve

31 views2 pages
16 Mar 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Whe(cid:374) i(cid:374) ital(cid:455) he adopted the idea of the artist"s ide(cid:374)tit(cid:455: he also focuses on italian/renaissance ideas in his work, but not the same style. Detail in the hair, beard and eyes ---- done with a single hair brush. Iconoclasm destruction of religious images because people are worshipping the images rather than focusing on the subject matter and message that should be taken away and learned from: durer creates protestant art. Left panel: john the evangelist is up front holding the bible whereas peter is in the back holding the key ---- first pope. Importance is that although he is included he is pushed to the back as if to say that they were pushing the pope and catholicism to the back to make room for. Protestantism: the bible that john holds sends the message that they no longer need the pope, only the bible --- i(cid:374)s(cid:272)riptio(cid:374) sa(cid:455)s: (cid:862)i(cid:374) the (cid:271)egi(cid:374)(cid:374)i(cid:374)g, there (cid:449)as the (cid:449)ord(cid:863)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers