SPAN 300 Lecture Notes - Lecture 8: La Segunda, Adverbial Clause, No Creo
43 views4 pages
Los Apuntes de Español: El Subjuntivo
There are two specific modos
(moods): indicative and subjunctive
● The speaker is sure or has no doubt about what he/she is saying
○ It’s nice outside.
○ We learn Spanish.
○ It will be easy.
● It indicates facts or reality
○ It’s true that the subjunctive is complicated.
○ Cheese is delicious.
● The speaker is transmitting doubt
○ I doubt it’s a good idea.
○ I don’t think that he’ll come.
○ They’re looking for someone who speaks Chinese.
● The speaker is attempting to pose his/her will on someone else.
○ I want you to study.
○ They demand that I work.
● The speaker is expressing their opinion.
○ It’s good that you are here.
○ They are happy that the homework is easy.