PSY 323 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Longitudinal Study, Twin Study, Role Theory

128 views28 pages

Document Summary

Lesson i-1: explaining development in adulthood (ch. 1, pp. 5-11) Lesson i-2: explaining stability in adulthood (ch. 1, pp. 11-15) Objectives: summarize the findings of the swedish twin studies, compare the adult lives of men who were rated as ill-tempered and even- tempered in childhood, distinguish among the following: aging, maturation, development and change. Key terms: stability behavior genetics twin studies adulthood. Objectives: identify the advantages and disadvantages of cross-sectional designs, identify the advantages and disadvantages of longitudinal designs, describe five types of sequential designs. Key terms: cross-sectional design longitudinal design selective attrition time-of-measurement effect sequential design. Lesson i-5: conceptual organization of theories (ch. 2, pp. 32-33) Theories of developmental progress with stages (ch. 2, pp. 33-40) Objectives: distinguish between developmental progress and developmental change, describe the four dilemmas of adulthood according to erikson, summarize gilligan"s argument about gender differences in development, identify each of loevinger"s seven stages of ego development. Lesson i-6: theories of developmental progress without stages (ch. 2, pp. 40-41)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers