Management
Course
MGT 243
Professor
Douglas Mahony
Semester
Spring

Description
organizational outcomes individual performance & organizational commitment •an integrated model of organizational behavior o individual attributes & organizational attributes o individual attitudes & perceptions o performance on one's job & commitment to one's organization •dimensions of job performance o job performance • routine & adaptive task performance  • citizenship behaviors  organizational  interpersonal • counterproductive behaviors  organizational • production deviance • property deviance  interpersonal • political deviance • personal aggression •adaptive task performance o prioritize o adaptability in the workplace handling dealing w/ ambiguous or unpredictable cultural adaptability emergencies work situations interpersonal work stress learning new tasks/techologies adaptability creative problem solving •organizational citizenship o positive behavior without expectation of rewards o looks good for company •citizenship behaviors o what are they? • voluntary employee activities • may or may not be rewarded • benefit organization by creating better overall workplace o organizational • voice • civic virtue  volunteerism, etc. • boosterism  speaking positively o interpersonal • helping • courtesy • sportsmanship •counterproductive behavior o minor (left) --> serious (right) production deviance property deviance political deviance personal aggression organizational commitment defined as: the desire on the part of the employee to remain a member of the organization • obligation • sense of loss if they leave • more commitment --> more engaged • withdrawal behavior psychological withdrawal physical withdrawal daydreaming tardiness socializing long breaks looking busy missing meetings moonlighting absenteeism cyberloafing quitting • types of organizational commitment o affective commitment **BEST KIND** • desire to remain part of an organization due to strong emotional attachment • emotional tie to organization  leaving would create a sense of loss  strongest relationship to turnover intentions/turnover • people stay because they want to • power of weak ties  erosion model • bosses leave and take their whole team  social influence model • tend to agree strongly with the following statements  I would be very happy to spend the rest of my career at this organization  I really feel as if this organization's problems are my own 1. I feel like part of the family at my
More Less

Related notes for MGT 243

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit