1. When aqueous solutions of ________ are mixed, a precipitate forms.
a. NaI and KBr
b. KOH and Ba(NO ) 3 2
c. L2 CO 3nd CsI
d. NiBr2and AgNO 3
e. K2SO 4nd CrCl 3
2. The net ionic equation for the reaction between aqueous solutions of HF and KOH is ________.
a. HF + K + OH → H 2 + KF
b. H + F + K + OH -→ H O + K + F -
c. H + OH -→ H 2
d. HF + OH → H2O + F
e. HF + KOH → H2O + K + F -
3. Which of the following are strong acids?
a. HI, HF, HBr
b. HI, HNO 3 HF, HBr
c. HNO ,3HF, HBr
d. HF, HBr
e. HI, HNO 3 HBr
4. Which solution contains the largest number of moles of chloride ions?
a. 4.00 mL of 1.000 M NaCl
b. 25.00 mL of 0.400 M KCl
c. 7.50 mL of 0.500 M FeCl 3
d. 10.0 mL of 0.500 M BaCl 2
e. 30.00 mL of 0.100 M CaCl 2
5. Which one of the following is not true concerning 2.00 L of 0.100 M solution of Ca (PO ) ?
3 4 2
a. 1.00 L of this solution is required to furnish 0.300 mol ofions.
b. This solution contains 0.600 mol of Ca .
c. This solution contains 0.800 mol of oxygen atoms.
d. There are 6.02 × 10 phosphorus atoms in 500.0 mL of this solution.
e. This solution contains 0.200 mol of C3 (PO4 2.
6. A 31.5 mL aliquot of H2SO 4aq) of unknown concentration was titrated with 0.0134 M NaOH (aq).
It took 23.9 mL of the base to reach the endpoint of the titration. The concentration (M) of the acid
7. A 18 mL aliquot of 0.1MH PO 4(aq)is to be titrated with 0.MNaOH(aq) . What volume (mL )
of base will it take to reach the equivalence point? a. 121
8. Which combination will produce a precipitate?
a. AgNO (3q) and Ca(C H O2) 3aq2 2
b. KOH (aq) and Mg(NO ) (3 2
c. NaC 2 O3(a2) and HCl (aq)
d. NaOH (aq) and HCl (aq)
e. NaF (aq) and HCl (aq)
9. Which combination will produce a precipitate?
a. NH 4H (aq) and HCl (aq)
b. NaOH (aq) and Fe(NO ) (3 2
c. AgNO (3q) and Ca(C H O2) 3a2 2
d. NaCl (aq) and HC H2O 3aq2
e. NaOH (aq) and HCl (aq)
10. The kinetic energy of a 23.2-g object moving at a speed of 98.7 m/s is ________ J.
11. The value of ΔH° for the reaction below is -72 kJ. ________ kJ of heat are released when 80.9
grams of HBr is formed in this reaction.
H 2g) + Br 2g) → 2HBr (g)
12. Which one of the follow