KIN 4517 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Human Resources, Fide, Performance Appraisal

35 views2 pages

Document Summary

For test 3: what is hr, human resources (hr) management: (also known as staffing) consists of planning, attracting, developing, and retaining employees. a. i. Lsu has a resource: figure 7. 1 management department, human resources planning a. i. Termination and outplacement: hr, hr department is a staff department that advises and assists all other departments, preemployment inquiries, list of preemployment inquiries on p. 197 (2nd ed. , two rules to guide questions: b. i. When developing questions, make sure you have a purpose for using the information. Ask only for information you plan to use in your selection process. b. ii. Job analysis is the process of determining what the position entails and the qualifications for staffing the position. Job description identifies the tasks and responsibilities of a position. In other words, if identifies what employees do to earn their pay. b. i. Job specifications identify the qualifications for staffing a position. a: the job specifications thus identify the types of people needed. b. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers