CSD 333 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Child Development Stages, Phoneme, Language Assessment

61 views7 pages

Document Summary

Pre-reading stage (stage 0: birth to formal education, oral language develops, learning the core language areas of form, content and use, print awareness, phonological awareness, research demonstrates the importance of pre-reading achievements for reading success. Stage 1: initial reading/decoding: ages k-1st grade. Stage 4: multiple viewpoints: high school period, during this stage, students learn to handle increasingly difficult concepts and texts, unlike in stage 3, children can consider multiple viewpoints. Stage 5: construction and reconstruction: college, during this stage, readers read selectively, readers use advanced cognitive processes of analysis, synthesis, and prediction, readers are critical of what they read and can muster arguments for different. Involves which portions of text to read: beginning, middle, end or some combination. viewpoints. Examples: tage (cid:1007): (cid:862)yes i (cid:396)ead it i(cid:374) a (cid:271)ook. The autho(cid:396) said it (cid:449)as t(cid:396)ue. (cid:863: tage (cid:1008):(cid:863) i do(cid:374)"t k(cid:374)o(cid:449). O(cid:374)e of the autho(cid:396)s i (cid:396)ead said it (cid:449)as t(cid:396)ue, the other said it was (cid:374)ot.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers