Law and Forensic Science
• Exclusionary rule for the fourth amendment: Evidence seized in an illegal manner is
inadmissible in court (entrapment)
• Davis V. Mississippi (1969): SexualAssault; Look it up!!
• Chain of custody, every step is documented!
• Most of the critical evidence that developed in the Forensic Lab is not available at the time of
the arrest, or the issuance of the Complaint and Warrant
• Neither lab reports nor the opinions of expert witnesses are subject to uniform standards
• Prosecutors must disclose all reports and any evidence reasonably construed to be favorable to
• Personal vitae: resume ( are you qualified??)
• Expert witness has to be qualified by the court
• Expert witness